This course covers 12 hands-on modules (usually Friday/Saturday) over 18 months. Modules are based at the Academy of Clinical Excellence in Yorkshire with a visit to a surgical skills training centre (for the anatomical dissection module).
Our 2018 course will start on Friday, March 9th, 2018.
Preliminary dates for the hands-on modules in 2018/2019. Clinical observation dates are to be decided (usually Thursday afternoon prior to the dates at The Academy):
- 28-30/Jun/2018 (at University of Tübingen, Germany)
You will learn how to:
- Select patients who are suitable for treatment within the limits and the clinical expertise of the surgeon, and in the best interests of the patient.
- Make better use of clinical examination, modern imaging techniques (3-D interactive imaging) and laboratory artefacts.
- Evaluate medical and systemic condition to ensure that the patient can be treated safely.
- Develop a treatment plan for each patient, communicating effectively and documenting the proposed treatment.
- Identify patients requiring major augmentation, evaluate outcome and propose predictable treatment options.
- Carry out all surgical aspects of the treatment including soft and hard tissue surgery, including implant placement and minor augmentation.
- Carry out all aspects of restorative treatment including fixed restorations and removable prosthesis.
- Provide documentation to certify that treatment has been carried out in a manner, which is medico-legally sound.
- Maintain and monitor treatment that has been carried out.
To book your place on this course please follow this link:
Fees for the implant training programme 2018/19:
£16,000 if you register and pay the total fees upfront.
£18,000 If you register and want to pay in installments.